Boone slammed the hood on the Belvedere at 2:00 AM, "I'm gonna run home and take a quick shower, then I'll come back by, and we'll head out", he told Dale.
He headed to his house with the Belvedere sounding like it's old self again and thought of the grim reality, 2nd trip from Tulsa to Topeka in less than a week, both preceded by a sleepless night spent working on cars!
One hour later he was on Dale's doorstep, ringing the doorbell in vain. Apparently everyone had decided to go to bed. He was giving serious thought to driving off and leaving them, when Yoko opened the door. He went about rousting everyone. Dale's daughter scolded him, "Shhh, you'll wake up Jackie, and she has to go to work in a few hours"!
"Like I give a darn, I intend to wake the whole house up, we've got to get rollin', now get up stairs and get your Dad moving"!
He was ushering them out to the cars, and it was decided Darren and Yoko would drive the Satellite, with all the junk from both cars, and all the luggage; and Boone, Dale, and the kids would ride in the Belvedere. Dale's son came out of the house with a blanket, half awake. "Where's your Dad"? Boone asked.
"Still laying on the bed".
"Get in there and tell him I'm leaving"!
They were rolling down highway 20 about 30 minutes later, stopping for gas before jumping onto 169 north. They pulled into Oolagah, and took thier checkpoint pics., then rolled on toward Kansas.
10 miles later, the left rear tire exploded, and Boone scooted to the shoulder as soon as possible, with Dale and the 2 kids screaming in his ears.

6878022-176.JPG (202 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines