The previous picture was Checkpoint #1, 53 miles in. The pillow I had stolen from Boone's car was working miracles in the Driver's bucket, supplying a little cushion, and keeping my hips from sinking into the sides, and getting sore.
A local was looking at my car at the checkpoint and suggested that my return spring holder was pushing against my upper radiator hose, and chaffing it. In between his stories of "Hopped up 318s", and his 73 Challenger he had in his younger days, he mentioned that hard plastic would be a good buffer. I slid the lid from my vitamin water bottle in between, and he seemed genuinely pleased.
Fuel in Minneola, then on to check point #2 in Liberal Ks., Dorothy's House!! The pics were to be taken in front of a small playground called "Land of OZ"

I don't know if we were just punch drunk from the road, or if The Wizard just brings out the kid in you,but we ran around taking goofy pics. and acting like children there for about 15 minutes...not a care in the whole world.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines