Dale: Ok, this poor kid is so far over his ski's, and he doesn't even know it!! He's got the Barracuda, but he also traded my Dad out of a Back-halved Gremlin he's been wanting for a long time. He has them both at home now and is working diligently on both!! I asked him today..."Which one are you trying to take on Drag Week?"
"Both, that's the way I'm approaching it, I haven't decided yet..". Of course he also has taken on the job of building Boone's engine...this is going to get interesting!

Me: I'm really conflicted about the direction I want to go with the Valiant. Repair it, change tires, and try again. Go through the small block, and swap the J heads out for the W-5's on the shelf. Or switch to the Indy Maxx 512 lowdeck with Indy -1s, get the car certed, and really make some noise!! All of those decisions however, may end up being for DW 2013. I'm a realist, (OK, that's a flat out lie, a simple look at my available parts list proves that.) but with all my brothers are trying to accomplish, I'm likely to take the path of least resistance. I've already ordered new wheels for the Belvedere, and I'll be mounting M/T Drag Radials (no more switching at the track) get rid of the rediculous 2.76s and put in 3.55s, weld in a set of frame connectors, add HD leafs, and good rear shocks, upgrade to disk brakes up front, and go run trouble-free 11.60's all week in Daily Driver. Did I say "Trouble-free"??, hah!! From the mouths of Fools....

7042033-IMG_3135.JPG (142 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines