I've raced at just over 20 Drag Strips, and been to at least 10 more...I really enjoyed Amarillo Dragway. There will be people who will complain about it, and say HotRod made a mistake by scheduling it, I would strongly disagree.
The staff running the track were friendly, accomodating, and they cared, the spectator count was amazing for a Wednesday morning. One old timer commented, "I haven't seen this many people at this track in 10 years!! Like the movie Hoosiers, get out your tape measure, and measure it; A quarter-mile long, and wide enough to make corrections. Just like Home, let's race!! There was no need for "5 mph in the pits" or "15 mph on the return rd." signs, any more than that and you were likely to lose something off your car. The track surface presented a challenge, Small Track Charm, loved it.
Dale and I made our way down the row of cars, and backed in to start unloading, luckily we had left a gap just big enough to squeeze Boone in because the spots beside us filled in quite quickly, it was going to be tight quarters.

Can't do it again tonight, I'm gonna start taking shortcuts because I'm tired...I'll try again tomorrow.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines