Dale was on his 3rd pass, had jumped the N20 up to 81-92, and the Satellite fell on it's face to a 14.15-79, Ugh!
"The bottle is empty, gotta be", he decides.
"Take mine, I'm done" I offered
"Gonna have to have something to wrap around the bottle so it will fit in my fat brackets"
Boone handed him a jacket, and Dale jumped under the hood, as Darren bolted it in.
"What are you doing now", I prodded
"Taking the N20 jetting to 91-102".
"Are you nuts, it's a cast crank, stock motor, and you don't even know what would have happened on the last increase"!
"I still want a 12, one way or another"!
He headed up to the lanes, I told the Sporongs next to us, "He's cutoff after this pass, If he can't get it done in 4 passes, too bad"!
David Freiburger came over to our pits with his little recorder, and asked me about the particulars of my car, how long I've owned it and such. It's nice to be noticed, even if the car wasn't performing well. But anyone who's read my drivel on this board for 10 years knows I'm a very introverted, private person who would never seek attention at all.
Dale was 2 tenths better to the 1/8, but it laid over again, and he had let off the N20, 13.15-104.
"I let a great opportunity get away here", Dale moaned as whe headed to the tower to turn in our slips.
"And my 12.42 covers your 12.44 best", I reminded him
"Still got you on average", He smiled.
"You guys are pathetic slow", Boone chimed in.
We showed our pics. of last night's checkpoints, then Tonya Turk took our timeslips, and handed us the instructions for the drive to Tulsa, all 403 miles worth, Whew!!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines