Finally, I had the opportunity to make a pass, seemed like we had been there all day. It sounded nice in the burnout, purged the nitrous into the engine, and staged on the first bulb, and waited, and waited. The Blown 240Z was beside me, and they had been playing with the electronic fuel injection on the laptop. Whatever they did was screwed up, it was loping like crazy, and belching black smoke, and he wouldn't, or couldn't get in the beams. I motioned at the starter several times to bring him up to the beam. Finally he set both of his bulbs and I rolled in.
The tires were at 20 lbs, and I went WOT at the hit from 3000 on the footbrake. The Valiant moved out nicely, and I hit 2nd at 6000, as soon as I hit the N20, it started wobbling, short shifted to drive and let off the bottle, then it was bouncing bad enough to be bottoming out the shocks again, so I white knuckled it another 100ft then leveled out to the finish. 11.68-112.65 picked up almost 8 tenths, but only 2 mph due to the top-end problems.
Darren told me later that he and Dad were in the stands (he gave up on his lane director job!) and when I was at 1000 ft. Dad was yelling, "LIFT DAVE, LIFT"! Darren had to remind him I probably couldn't hear him, and other people were staring!

6864219-Copyof082.JPG (183 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines