Saturday morning Dale calls me again,
"Cody called me last night and wanted to know if you were cruising the Valiant in Grove...I told him Darren had the car. He said it was ripping up and down the main drag".
"Great, just great".
Grove is a resort town on the lake, and just happens to be where Yoko lives and works, so I didn't have to use my imagination to figure where he had spent Friday night..with my car!

Late Saturday afternoon my phone went off, I looked down and saw the call was from Darren, and I knew I wasn't going to like this call.
"Hey man...I broke your car...and neither of our brothers want to come help me, they just want to yell at me..."
"What did you do"?
"Well...I was driving back home, and I pulled into Claremore to get gas...and you know it's been running rich, and those plugs are fowled...well it didn't want to roll over, and it kicked back on the starter..."
"It should never kick back, you saw me start it a hundred times with the painless panel, you roll it over first, then hit the ignition"!
"Oh, is that what you were doing? Well..I just turned the ignition on then rolled it over, then I called Dale to come pick me up, and he just wants to blame me...that ain't gonna help anything".

I talked to Dale a couple hours later.
"Yeah, I took him the truck and trailer, and helped him load it, then I had to take the kids back to Fairland".
"What did he break, was it the starter, the ring gear on the converter, did he break the case on the tranny, what"?
"I don't know, didn't really look at it".
"You guys are killing me, I'd like to at least know".
"Well, I'll have him bring it over before next weekend so I can start on it".

6917745-BooneRonald.jpg (173 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines