Great Bend Ks. track day #2.
The alarm went off at 6AM...it was 12:50 or so when I lost track, and fell asleep, 5 hours...not bad, actually. The b-fast nook was packed with people, and not one of the best as far as choices go, but everyone seemed to be in a good mood, and ready to roll.
There was a large, fancy, self-serv car wash across the street, It took credit cards, had about 12 different settings, and even had roll-down garage doors on one end to fight the persistant Kansas prairie wind. We slid in the cards, and had a little fun playing with all the options available. This was called tri-gloss wax??

Several people watching my car felt the problem was shocks, The Valiant just has the cheap coil-over kits that usually come with a base ladder bar kit. The eye to eye shock apprears pretty common, but is very short. We struck out at the first parts store. The second parts store was definitely more race oriented. When I asked about race fuel, the counter guy said, "Rich, the owner, is already out at the track with all the fuel, he can help you out there. We found a pair of 40$ gas magnums, they seemed about a 1/2 longer, but we hoped they would do. I also picked up a nice Longacre tire guage, no more guessing on that problem. Then I decided to grab some Redline water-wetter, couldn't hurt right?
When we rolled into the track things were moving along briskly, I've raced several NHRA divisionals at SCRA, and they always have an accomodating staff that knows how to get cars down the track. The brothers started changing to slicks, I headed to the midway area with an empty N20 bottle, and fuel jug...

6840637-DragWeek026.jpg (212 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines