Boone stepped out of the car and surveyed the damage. Darren had pulled in behind him, and met him at the back of the car, "That thing's been smoking ever since we left the house, now I know what it was"!
"We've stopped twice, and you didn't mention it"!
"Figured you knew".
"You thought I knew the tire was rubbing, and was just going to drive it that way all the way to Topeka? You're an idiot"!
He popped the trunk, and pulled out the jack, when Yoko decided to put in her two cents, "This is rediculous! You've got two kids in that car, and we're out here on the shoulder, you need to get off the road"!
"Look", Boone was at the end of his rope, "I'm not driving this thing a mile on a blown-out tire." He looked at Dale, "What do you want to do"?
"Let's put a slick on, and get to a safe spot, then we'll figure it out.
The slick was rubbing too, so they slowly worked thier way to a dirt road, and pulled off. The decision was made to go back home, and grab a set of tires, and wheels that were originally on the Satellite, just 14" black steelies that were holding up the back of an Aspen in the pasture right at the moment. They loaded the blown tire, and it's unharmed mate into the Satellite and headed back to Tulsa, leaving Darren, Yoko, and the kids in the Belvedere. A few miles down the road, his cell phone rang, it was Dad.
"Where are you guys at? Dave and I just stopped at the Junction for fuel, I've been driving a ways, he's out of it".
Boone explained the situation, and then hung up and told Dale, "They are already at the Junction of 35 and 75"!
"Dang it", Dale shot back, "Wish we were, they are home free"!

6878110-192.JPG (190 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines