It had been overcast all day, but now it was starting to get a little darker, so right before I pulled into the water, I turned my park lights on. It was effective, camera guys love stuff like that, and I had several lenses turned my way in the burnout.
My plan was to short shift, so as not to upset the car, just try to be really smooth. It seemed that hard hits to the tire sent it into the wobble problem sooner. The launch was decent, I shifted at 5600, and hit the N20 at the same time, but managed to skip right to 3rd. I was so disgusted, I just let off the nitrous and rode it through 12.19-113.4, best mph of the entire week on a wasted run. I drove right past the pits and back to the lanes, Dale pulled up a few cars behind me.
The loud speaker crackled, "we need all Daily Driver slips turned in by 5:30, so we can set the field for the 32 car bracket race".
"Crap Dale, where is Boone"?
"He should be near the head of the lanes by now, but it's gonna be close, it's 5:12 right now, and they've stopped running cars for some reason".
We grabbed our slips and headed up the lanes toward the tower. We found Boone and the Belvedere about 4 sets back from the tower, he and the Nova he was paired with had moved towards the center of the lane. Boone had his passenger's side door open, and was standing in the opening, giving the stink-eye to a couple of fast cars that were trying to sneak up through the middle....oh boy, here we go again!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines