The NGK's were out and the Bosch platinums were going in when Dale returned. "No problems, they will let us know when they are ready", he said.
After the plug change, I walked over to the pumps and grabbed a few gallons of race gas. Dan Brant's 63 330 was fueling up, and it was my first opportunity to really look it over, absolutely stunning, but I've always thought that Mopars done in black with a red interior are the best!

While walking back to the Valiant, I did notice a rather large gathering at the front of the white 63 Fury which had been the fastest Mopar to this point, I thought it looked odd, that many guys peering under the hood, but I had work to do.
"Where's Darren", I asked when I reached the pit.
"He left with his New GF, Carla, something about getting something to eat".
"I think her name is Yoko", Boone added, "You know he invited her to tag along to Topeka".
"Before or after his car didn't get done"! I knew the answer, and I knew they didn't want to talk about it any more.
Somebody who had been helping Monte came over and told Dale he could pick up the bottles now, when he returned, we started on the Valiant. A guy walked up in a fire jacket, looked in and said, "Do you guys know who the local mopar connection is around here".
I looked at Dale, "Uh, yeah, we are...I mean he is".
"What're you looking for"? Dale added.
"Lost my electric water pump", Casey didn't sound particularly hopefull. "Fine on the drive last night, then overheated on the way over here".
"What kind is it"?
"What brand"?
"No, I mean is it the whole unit, or does it bolt in the stock housing", my mind was going over possibilities, Dad has one on his race car engine that bolts to the block, Dale has one but it uses a reverse flow plate....
"Yeah, it's the one that bolts in the stock housing".
"Darren's got one, I'm sure of it", Dale chipped in.
"You think you have one"? Casey's demeanor began to change. Needle-in-a-haystack? Yep, we can do that.
I called Darren, and asked if he could grab it while he was out. "Who's it for"? he asked.
"The guy in the White 63".
"He's beating you guys, who volunteered it"?
"Dale and I did, can you get it and bring it"?
"Yeah, I'll be back out there in 20 or 30 minutes, have they started running anything yet"?
"No you haven't missed anything, just hurry back".
I looked at Casey, "He'll have it out here in about 20 minutes".
"Ok, man, thanks"! A big smile, a handshake.

6862907-158.JPG (182 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines