Monte came up to my window next, and introduced himself. We talked about my car, the problems I was having, and he complimented the car several times...I felt like a schmuck for not introducing myself earlier. Then Dale walked up with a fitting in his hand, "This is my nitrous filter, plugged completely". He came back a little later, "cleaned it out, put it back in with those 102/91 jets, bumped the horn button at 1500, and it darn near jumped to 7K! Think I better go back to 73/73".
We were standing at the head of the lanes a little later and Dale said, "This isn't going to work, someone has to straighten out this mess."
"Geez Dale, you know this track, quit griping and do something to help, get some volunteers or something". I seen him a few minutes later at the back of the tower, talking with Tonya Turk, both gesturing and pointing at different spots in the lanes. Dale roped Darren and Cody into working the early part, there were 2 other guys helping as well. As racing resumed, the forwardmost volunteer was bringing the fast cars all the way up to the water, in front of those that had been waiting for all that time. Boone lost it, jumped in his face and started yelling at him.
"I was told the big cars had priority", the volunteer stammered.
"I don't know who told you that,(technically Boone, that's what Dave said in the Driver's meeting) but we are all street cars, and I paid the same entry they did(technically Boone, I paid your entry, but at this point, roll with it)"! "Once we are paired at that gate, you run them out"!

Boone removed the tire pump, which had been working hard the whole time, slammed the hood, and pulled up beside the little turbo v-6 powered convertable ChevyII. The Belvedere launched hard, pulled, black smoke rolling and seemed to be really moving. He was running right with the Chevy until it seemed to lay over around a thousand feet, then the numbers popped up 11.45-116.96 to Boone's 12.10-94.97! We instantly thought "WTH, did he lift or what?

Boone Vs. Chevy II at 7:56

I went back to my car, and began to move through the lanes, Darren and Cody looked like a couple of deer in headlights, apparently Dale hadn't impressed upon them how assertive and demonstrative you have to be when you are trying to direct a bunch of adrenaline crazed horsepower junkies itching for thier next fix!! They shut us off as I was at the front of the lanes, I jumped out and looked down the track to see the pretty blue 4 door Willy's gasser up against the wall, that was a major bummer.

6863880-144.JPG (168 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines