The header didn't fit, they chased up some stock head bolts, AFTER grinding on the studs. Tick, tick, tick, it was getting late, we were all tired, and cranky.
I was on the fourth bracket, trying to size it up. Darren was on one fender, Boone the other, Pops watching. They were installing the intake when I heard Boone's voice raise, "I said WHAT THE HECK DID YOU SET THAT TORQUE WRENCH TO"!
"20, you B, why are you yelling at me"!
"I'm tired of you ignoring me".
"I didn't hear you, you're not gonna talk to me like I'm a POS, you POS"!
"I'll Kick Your Butt Right Now"
They were between the cars shoving each other, Darren grabbed Boone and shoved him into the Valiant (still on jack stands) "Get the heck away from my car", it was about to become a threesome.
Boone dragged Darren around the front of the Belvedere, as he did Darren let loose with an overhand right to the side of Boone's head, as he went down, he took Darren with him flipping him over the top. The dust roiled as they went after each other in the dirt.
"STOP IT RIGHT NOW", Dad was yelling, "Someone take me home right now, this happens everytime I'm around you guys.
I get to see my Dad 3 or 4 times a year, and these morons find a way to screw it up. They stopped, but no-one volunteered to take Dad home, he grabbed his bag and started walking down the street. Darren went in the house, and Boone, breathing heavily and bleeding from the side of his head, started working on the belvedere.
Darren came out later, jumped in his GF's car, and went looking for Dad.
Dale came back with his kids, "Where is everybody"?
I told him the story. "What the heck, I leave for an hour and a half, and you can't keep things under control"?
We assembled the shock kits and crawled under the Valiant to install them. I nearly had mine in when he informed me, "pull that top bolt out, it's the only short bolt, it goes on this side".
"No way, I've already got it in".
"GIVE ME THAT BOLT".
"YOU WANNA FIGHT"!
"Nope, I'm too darn tired...".
We looked at each other, laying under a car on the driveway at midnight, and started laughing histerically.

6867453-126.JPG (95 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines