Quote:

Dave, is there anyway to put a little ECS Logo on the back of your broadcast sheets in order to spot the fake from original?

Hi Chris! I hope things are great for you and your Family. Your Cuda turned out phenomenal!! A work of art with tremendous detailing! I think you and I actually talked about this a couple of years ago. Your suggestion is actually one of the things that I did speak to Chrysler about. Keep in mind that I originally spoke with them about allowing these "items" to be marketed in blank condition as a novelty item. As Barry stated in an earlier post, most of the fakes have mistakes that contradict their own information throughout the sheet. Dave Stuart (of Chrysler) actually is THE KING of all paperwork. He has ALL of the nomenclature from the factory that tells how these were to be filled out and the protocol for their design. At one time I even talked about building a complete REPRODUCTION car (never in the Chrysler system) with it's own paperwork and every radical option that was never offered by the factory. NOTE: IT WOULD NOT BE REPRESENTED AS A REAL FACTORY VEHICLE. WE ARE NOT CROOKS ATTEMPTING TO DECEIVE OR HURT THE INDUSTRY!!!!!! We actually got the idea from Carroll Shelby (who Dave Stuart knows) and his later run of Shelby Mustangs. This car would be completely constructed of reproduction parts used from Goodmark, BE&A along with the other suppliers in the industry. I was involved with the 1967 Mustang that FORD built using ALL reproduction components. The car debuted at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas two years ago. We were commissioned by FORD to supply all of the custom decals and the glass for the vehicle. I have also had discussions with Gary Skelton of General Motors to build retro 1969 Camaros using nothing but GM certified reproduction parts. We could manufacture 12 vehicles per year without having to comply with the EPA standards for new automobiles. They would be offered with various option packages, interiors, power trains, etc.... It would be like going back in time and ordering a new 1969 Camaro! There are many things going on behind the scenes in this industry that are really cool. I personally see no harm in coming out with a vehicle that is a "rolling testimony" of the quality reproduction parts that has been manufactured for our hobby!

Think about it....a brand new Chrysler vehicle made to represent the old cars in every way! NOT to be passed off as original or any thing of the sort!

Great to hear from you Master Chris!