Quote:

Oh yes, I will tell you if your tag, or documentions is for real, just send me $25 and shut the @$&k up and just accept what I say is true.

Just for the record, for the models I am familiar with - I do that for free.

I also encourage those people to get a second opinion, I have never told anyone that they have no choice but to believe me, that would be incredibly arrogant.

I can not always tell if an item is fake or real, some look suspicious but I have not been able to tell the person one way or the other.

Sometimes it takes a while. Another tag shows up for the same make & model with the same VON as an example. In another instance, the fender tag looked perfect, but the dealership record I had seen for the car showed the original color. If I had not seen the paperwork, I would not have known.

In one of the threads a while back, I was critizied for not telling how I knew a certain tag was a fake. There were three respondents to that thread that showed a high degree of irritation with me. They had another thing in common, they had all approached me about helping them make fake tags for their cars.

Any guesses what they would do with the knowledge I posses?

Blame the fakers & frauds for why some knowledge is held closely by those that have it. If no one used what they know for the wrong reasons, more information would flow quite freely.