Perhaps the window sticker SHOULD get more respect than a BS; but the rhetoric opining that documentation shouldn't be worth anything is largely irrelevant:

just because you WISH it so, doesn't MAKE it so! Bottom line is that purchasers of collectible cars want proof of options which requires documentation: The original BS is typically thought of as the best source of this information and people assign value accordingly.....like it or not.

I wouldn't recommend parting out a perfectly good car due to a lack of documentation and GG certainly isn't one of my favorite people, nonetheless you need to make a judgement call before restoring any vehicle and rust, damage, condition the presence of original components, body stampings, VIN tags, fender tags and yes, documentation are all going to play a part in determining the suitability of a car for a resto.

FWIW, I don't have the BS for my car but I wish I did.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]