Quote:

.....how can you prove your car was BUILT with the carb a manual says? Only the BCS can tell you that info and more, a lot more.
I'm not alone in this thread....

There you go again Alan! Nothing on a Broadcast sheet is a guarantee for what actually came on ANY car. I am sure that I don't have access to the Automobile information that you do but I am fairly confident that original vehicles I have documented had contradictions between their factory parts and the Broadcast Sheet. You make a mistake on the Invoice or the Monroney label and you are facing possible prison time! Make a mistake or substitute a part from the Broadcast sheet and all you get is a car with a variant part. Big Deal!! Would you care to guess which criteria is viewed as "more important" or critical with regards to quality control?

For the record Alan I don't get my information from the masses or from cowering down to peer pressure. I do my research, correctly investigate and collect the facts. I just confidently smile and go about my business when I am told that I am full of "crap." The reality of my work is never hindered by the incorrect assessments of others!