Rather than be me bore everyone else with redundancy Jim, you might go back and see the explanations given for employees discarding the Broadcast Sheets in the manner that they did. Does anyone have any idea how many Broadcast Sheets came with a particular vehicle? There were as many as 60 of these instruction sheets that were manufactured with a car. EVERY item and assembly station had a Build Sheet that specified the part that was suppose to be installed on a vehicle. Using your rationale Jim, if they were meant to be kept, where did the other 55 (give or take a few) end up? Were some line workers under a different set of rules and told that they could discard them while others were told that they were "important documents" NOT to be discarded? (And yes Jim I have bi-yearly meetings with some of the top brass at Chrysler in Auburn Hills and make it a point to ask about the old days at Chrysler. I am sure you don't consider that as reliable as your information sources but at least it keeps me humored and occupied while I am there.)

Lets do something a little different and use some common sense as it pertains to the subject matter. If you look at ALL the places that are continuously referenced for finding Broadcast Sheets, what is the one thing that they all have in common? Thats right! They are areas that made it easy for the employees to hide them with minimal effort. Where is just ONE original photo showing cars that were plastered with Broadcast Sheets all over the assembled parts? Why don't people find them taped to the steering wheel? Why not taped to the wheel covers? Why didn't they get taped on the rear package tray or rear window defroster units? Why weren't they found on the radio or dome light or air conditioner controls or seat belts or electric window controls, or the visible side of the headliner, etc....! The reason why? They were meant to be discarded after the employees followed their "call out" instructions for the parts that were used during assembly. It was easy for certain workers to "hide" them with minimal effort. If you installed the carpet....throw it under the padding and move to the next car! Do you think that the workers thought the inspectors would rip it up during inspection to see what might be under there? If you believe THAT, then you would have to assume that the final inspection consisted of tearing the entire car apart! The workers didn't have to walk to their trash containers or worry about their work stations over flowing with hundreds of these instruction sheets. Bill Embree said that some guys teased each other about having to "properly" throw them away while others got off easy by being able to "hide" them!

And what about the LA plant? Were those workers completely insubordinate and decided to just about throw everyone away? When I asked the reason you didn't find them in LA vehicles, I was told they operated under a very strict assembly line "cleanliness" code.

For some that may be interested the Winged Warriors/Superbird-B Body Owners site has a few excerps from "current" interveiws with Ex Chrysler line workers/supervisors from the 60-70's

example:

5942102-bs1.JPG (120 downloads)