Funny you should mention that example Alan.
Several years ago I spotted a T/A that looked alot like mine at a local show. And it was in unrestored original condition. As I was checking it out, the owner pulled out his Mr. Norms paperwork, and it was then that I noticed that the car was 2 VIN's past mine!!!
I started chatting with the owner and he told me he found BCS's in his car for the one after his, and it was identical to his and also a Mr. Norms car.
Later after contacting Barry I found that mine was the 1st of 4 identical consecutively VIN'ed T/A's ordered by Mr. Norm's.
The car at the show had rallye wheels on it, and on his sales paperwork someone had written "add rallye wheels". The owner said the owner of the car after his said his paperwork had the same thing written on it.
And someone had started to write that on my sales paperwork, but it had been scribbled out.
So on at least 2 of these four identical steel wheel T/A's, their first owners rolled off Mr. Norms lot in their new T/A's with rallyes in place of their original steelies.