Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think A34HPAxle is correct in saying it adds value

I believe that EVERYONE who has said that it adds "value" is correct! However, the absence of one does not automatically deem a car worthless or of less "value".

How can you say it adds value and is not worth less in the same sentence? A car without a broadcast sheet is worth less that if it has one. EXAMPLE, I can't tell you how many times I have bought a car or helped others car owners look through thier cars and have found the original broadcast sheet inside somewhere! When that happens the car automaticaly becomes worth more. It's the same car as it was before the broadcast sheet was located but now it's worth more. And the reason is because these cars have become collectors items and collectors pay a premium for paperwork documentation. A racer or a clone builder wouldn't give two sh!ts about a broadcast sheet but the collectors in this world covet it! It makes NO difference that those sheets were supposed to be trash after used to assemble the car. The fact is the ones that remain are a part of the whole package when a collector is seeking a car.

I think you missed his point...

Yes, it adds value(as would any pertinent paperwork), but there have been many occasions where a car without a BC sheet has sold for more than a comparable car that had one. Many factors figure in. If the car has a desirable color combo, or has a particular feature that appeals to a particular buyer-he might forego the presence of the sheet.

Put it this way. ALL cars came with a fender tag, so if the car is missing the tag, then it's a huge detraction to the provenance of the car. On the other hand there were many vehicles that NEVER had a sheet when new, so it's less of a downgrade when the sheet is not present.

MB