Broadcast sheets/Build sheets/Bingo Cards/etc.... were never intended to be considered documentation. They were nothing more than a parts component build sheet for the assembly line worker and "trash" after it served it's purpose. The reality is that we as a Hobby have made them an iconic piece of the car when in reality they do not add any value or significance to the ACTUAL vehicle whatsoever. A Birth Certificate is a "document". How many of you consider your Birth Certificate to be more important than you are? If you lost your Birth Certificate would you be any less of a human being? Would your worth or value as a person somehow become less significant? Of course not! How did something that was considered trash (at the time) become the main icon and value indicator for our cars? There must have been someone who decided THEY would write the rules and like a bunch of sheep everybody followed their "self serving" cause!

It amazes me how some think that an original unmolested factory vehicle is less valuable if it doesn't have a build-sheet. Somewhere in this process we have become brainwashed into thinking that the car is "more valuable" because an assembly line worker left their "trash" hidden in the vehicle. The fact of the matter is that they were too lazy to throw it away and were probably tired of having their trash bin emptied throughout their shift. I realize that it helps to identify the options that came on a car but why should a car that is 100% original be worth more (or less) because of a piece of "trash"? Haven't we got this backwards? Shouldn't the vehicle "wag the tail" rather than the opposite? Also, why do most Hobbyist believe that a restored vehicle, with a non original Engine, Transmission, Rear-end, Interior, Body Panels, etc.... be more "valuable" because it has an original broadcast sheet?! I don't know about the rest of you but "who" and "what" I am characterizes me as a person, NOT the piece of paper that was used to document my birth! Sad to think that any of us would be worth less if we lost our Birth Certificate and had to apply for another copy. If that happened, would we be considered sub-human, clone or a fake?