Quote:

...Finding the broadcast sheet changed everything......So did getting the broadcast sheet change things. Yes!!!.

With all due respect, you have confused your sense of awareness with reality. The vehicle did not change! Your AWARENESS of the vehicle changed. You still had to "do" or "undo" whatever stage the vehicle was in at that particular time. Unless you own the real version of the car "CHRISTINE", I doubt that IT did anything to "change" what it was!

As far as the "gum wrapper" scenario, it is quite accurate. Both (broadcast sheets & gum wrappers) were a means to facilitate an end result for the MAIN PRODUCT. The Broadcast Sheets were "trash" once they served their purpose the same as the gum wrapper. Once you removed it...it became trash! Don't get me wrong. Both are important UNTIL they have served their purpose. Once again you have attempted to rationalize your perception of importance to explain the reality of the situation. Broadcast Sheets were NEVER considered an important piece of documentation by the Factory AFTER they served their purpose.

You don't like the gum wrapper analogy...how about this one? How many of us have ever assembled a Bar-B-Que Pit? Those instructions are VERY important during the build process are they not? What happens to them after the assembly is complete? Do you guys frame and laminate the Bar-B-Que Pit "build instructions" and keep them as a sacred piece of documentation? I doubt that anybody does. The Build Sheets were the same thing for the assembly line workers. Nothing more than a list of instructions on how to assemble the vehicle! After that.....throw them away!!! It is the Hobby that has made Build Sheets the sacred icons that they have become today.