Quote:

Your right, an original build sheet does not change the "...reality of what a car is...".

It does, however, establish the reality of its value.

I think this is exactly true. In life there are fewer hard "realities" than you think. Even in legal writings that are written in defining terms, the perception of those writings are disagreed upon. Thats why there are lawyers and courts. What one perceives as reality, another sees and defines it as something different.

When you buy a new car, the window sticker does in no way change the reality of what the car is. If it didnt have that window sticker, the reality of the car would still be the same. However the manufacturers creates a peceived reality of what is by telling you the manufacturers value of the car. You will then of course compare prices of the car to others similiar. When we buy, sell, trade anything each individual will have a little different perceived value of the product or service. So yes, I do believe a car with a buildsheet has a little higher value. The higher the value of the vehicle and its originality will compliment the documention and the documentation will compliment the car. My 70 RT/SE isnt a numbers matching California car, and I would place a low value on someone having the original broadcast sheet. However as had been said, if I had a high value original car, the accompanying documentation would help set a higher "monetary" value......which is perceived value of course. I think it most important to consider this: One mans reality is not necessarily another mans reality. Ive dated girls who I thought were beautiful only to be asked by a buddy why I was out with such a dog. His reality and perception of value wasnt the same as mine.