First and foremost the problems are still being rectified but we have solved the majority of the problems, Jurgen. Second these are going to be affordable,at 169.95 plus shipping, we are also working on getting bigger boxes so the carpets aren't rolled so tight. I have been on the road today since 4:30 a.m. and by the time I got back to the shop the guys (Bill and Dennis) had started fitting three different vehicles of different body styles and trans configurations as we are checking all molds for problems or defects. The 70 Road Runner fits perfect and it is a 4 speed set. The molders right now have a set of carpets out of a 40,000 mile Superbird to get all the jute location off of, which brings up a question of the original jute material. What the original stuff was made out of in the 60's and 70's is now basically illegal to put on carpet due to its flammability, so unless they can dye what we have been using on repro carpet for 25 years we will have to live with what we have. I hope to have the other carpets fitted tomorrow and will be able to give a good time frame that we will be able to sell these carpets without a hitch and will be as close as we have ever been to concours carpet. BTW, you will have to trim the carpets around the front and sides as with the change in molders we have instructed them not to trim anything off of the carpets when they are in the mold, so unlike the previous sets we had problems with this will not be an issue, and before anything is said by anyone, I will stand firmly behind this claim because the set that is in the Superbird right now there is approx. 8-9" up the firewall.

3900772-DSC00314.JPG (449 downloads)