Quote:

For what its worth, and its probably not worth anything,my 4spd Superbird has ACC carpet that was put in 15yrs ago.It is still black,not wrinkled and fit like a glove with no trimming.The carpet in my 62 Savoy wagon came from Dante three years ago,[no clue who his supplier is] same thing,no issues.Did something change ?

Bill,

I really do think something changed. Many of the repop parts I bought for my runner back in the late 80's still look better and were better constructed then ones i see today. My AC seal is good example. Fit perfect, still looks new and stands up nice and no glue needed to hold it on.

As for carpet, ACC rings a bell to me for the one I tried to buy back in the late 80's. I kept ordering a 4spd carpet and getting an auto carpet. 3 times this happened until I was told to just buy extra material and cut out the hump area in the carpet and patch in. I was about to go as far making a paper mache (sp?) form of my floor to get a correct carpet made. The one I finally bought is still in the car now. not faded but the carpet is straggly. I will be looking forward to this carpet.

P.S. Dave (ECS) I still have the original part number/date coded tag from my original carpet if you ever get into reproducing them.

MikeE

Who knows? The Shadow Knows! But he ain't on this fraking forum! "This restoration is a test,, It is ONLY a test, Had this been an actual Restoration I would have received instructions on what to do and where to get the MONEY!" -------------------------------