Hi Miguel,
I originally worked with Geoff at MPS (about four years ago) to offer original style carpet. We parted ways because they were not able to offer the correct die-electrically sealed heel pad. They were only able to offer the stitched version which is incorrect for 70 and later E Bodies. I started working with Randall Bates just before Dorsett was bought out by ACC. ACS Dorsett was the manufacturer that supplied the carpet to MPS and a couple of other companies. When ACC bought Dorsett, they took over all rights to the "correct" style of 80/20 loop carpeting. ECS continued to work ACC to get the correct shape and style of heel pad. We also made sure that enough carpet would extend to the outside perimeters to guarantee that enough material would exist to do the complete job.
Unless I am totally in the dark on this one, I believe other companies are riding our coat-tails with regards to the work WE pioneered to bring this carpet to market. I believe we are also the only company that ships this product flat (never rolled) to ensure that the preformed shape will not be compromised by squeezing and forcing it into a small box. I would certainly be interested in knowing how these other companies are shipping the carpet to their customers and if the incorrect heel pad "attachment" dilima has been resolved.