Quote:

After reading over 270 responses to the initial post,the only conclusion I have come to is an attempt to reintroduce a product that is readily available at an increased cost.For those of you that have money to burn for a flat shipping container that cost as much as the carpet,have at it.Its your money.When this thread started,most probably thought there was going to be a new holy grail of carpet available through ECS.Actually the carpet is available from any ACC vendor.Your choice.

And Dave,when you respond to this please be civil in your comments and justification.

I have spent over three years and a few thousand dollars to provide a product that you have so graciously tried to unravel with just a couple of sentences in a public forum. I would be happy to provide YOU a “civil” response to YOUR well intended statement.
I started ECS because the quality level of decals was nothing close to that of the originals. As I started to hear the complaints the enthusiast voiced regarding carpet, I decided to help out and address things like incorrect loop density, incorrect toe pads, insufficient material, etc….. These were aspects that had to be corrected by the manufacturer. After years of input and countless phone calls, they were finally corrected. I received my first sets of carpet “rolled” up in a 12”X12”X48” inch square box. When I went to install the carpet it did not lay/fit on the floor pan the way it should have. Heating it didn’t help much and it never did fit the way I wanted. I requested to have my replacement sets shipped flat. This was never done with the thought of trying to become a distributor or including this product in my arsenal of items. Plainly put, I did this because I believed it was the only way that carpet would fit the way it was intended to fit. After personally experiencing how much better the carpet looked, because of having it shipped flat, I decided to get involved and offer it to the market in that same fashion. The manufacturer said they would not ship it this way due to extra cost and the fact that they already had thousands of “small” boxes in their inventory that they were not going to discard. The point I am trying to make is that I did this to offer people the opportunity to have a good product, made better with a couple of efforts that the manufacturer was not willing to offer. Just like the decals I referenced earlier, people have a choice between a better product for their cars or saving money and getting products that are not so detailed or correct. In my journey with cars I have come to the conclusion that a few dollar savings can end up costing twice down the road. I don‘t need to sell carpet and am not too concerned if it sells or not! I already have more time and cost involved than I could ever hope to recoup. I simply decided to offer the market something different (that I PERSONALLY benefited from) in order to have a better fitting product. The carpet will be the same price as other vendors plus the additional shipping cost. We are also contracted with the manufacturer to have our toe pads within one quarter inch of tolerance of consistent placement. We also have in our agreement that are carpets are NEVER to touch or be stacked on the floor of the manufacturing facility. While that may sound insignificant, the colored carpets we received had traces of dirt in the material from being stacked on the floor. If these types of quality control measures are not important to the customer then I would suggest they go with the existing rolled carpet.
I would NEVER ask anyone do something that I am not willing to do myself. That would be hypocritical and certainly not the “civil” thing to do.