Quote:

I remember an article i read in one of the Mopar magazines about a guy with a Black 70 Hemi'Cuda with Tan interior that sent back three carpets until it was sorted out and that car is immaculate and i bet if you looked inside that car today the carpet has settled down and looks as if it had never been replaced.
Message to ECS - Do you still own the car in question and what are the chances of you posting some pictures of the carpet that is in that Hemi'Cuda please.... If you don't mind of course. How long ago was the carpet fitted in it aswell ? Just curious to see if the carpet has settled down, that is of course if you have drivin it ? Carpet will not finish forming in the car if their is no engine or road heat from being drivin, naturally.

That story sounds vaguely familiar. (It was actually five sets.) To get that carpet I started with Year Ones VP Kevin King, who involved Auto Custom Carpets in the ordeal. After months of back and forth special manufacturing instructions, I had a set of carpet that fit perfect along with the correct factory color. I never was satisfied with the loop density however. Fast forward to 2005. I started the Challenger project and went from ACC to a different company who made a superior material. National Parts Depot’s Darrin Dewey, set me up with a company named ACS Dorsett. They do not sell to the public but were willing to work with me and my project through a company called Trim Parts. ACS Dorsett manufactures the best carpet material available to the public! Randall Bates informed me that Trim Parts had been acquired by ACC so they would no longer be operating under the Trim Parts title. From there I called John & Geoff McBryde of Motor Parts South to inquire about their involvement in this process. The McBryde’s were already involved with this project long before I met them. They were aware of my project and were willing to work with me where the others had left off. That is the order of events that have taken place thus far. Yes, the old carpet worked during that period in time but will not be near the quality of that offered by Motor Parts South. I have never driven the car since it’s completion so heat has not been a factor regarding the fit. It went in extremely well because I had it shipped flat and also replaced the padding on the back. I found a large NOS stash from a local upholsterer. The padding that comes with most carpet is half as thick as the original and that is why most carpet starts to look distorted over time. And yes, I still have the car.

For the usual experts and naysayers that follow up on my posts, please let me save you the time!
* The interior is all wrong on that car.
* The car isn’t close to being what an original should look like.
* I know guys that have cars that wouldn’t use that vehicle for a demolition derby.
* The detail is completely out of whack and incorrect.
* The goofball owner doesn’t drive the car. Why even own it?

Hopefully that will help a few people to enjoy their day a little more.