Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If it might help, I would be willing to use my shop here in northern Ohio as a pick up point for carpeting or take your orders to Carlisle and the Nationals for you for customer pick up.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

That is an excellent idea!

I talked with Mike about this and it sounds good for about two minuets until you get down to the nitty gritty of how things would work. In order to ship this carpet, four containers (weighing about 200-250 lbs. each) need to be shipped EMPTY to the carpet manufacturer. They are then loaded and the carpet shipped FLAT to my warehouse for inventory. The cost to ship these empty metal containers will be at least $150 each just to get them to the manufacturer so they can fill them. I don’t think Mike would be willing to pay to have the containers shipped back to me after having them rerouted to his facility. Trying to guess an inventory to take to a show is also a very expensive shot in the dark. After the unsold inventory comes back from the shows, will it be sent back to me (at whose cost) or will Mike hold the inventory that I have paid for but no longer have access to? Mike is in Ohio and we are in Missouri. I don’t see that his location provides a central geographic benefit. ECS is located smack in the middle of the country! This is difficult enough without getting another level of cost and confusion involved. While I appreciate the kind gesture, these additional cost quickly erase any perceived benefits. Having approximately a $200 shipping charge, before the product is even shipped, would not be fair to expect the customer to pay or absorb.

DW

Dave,

While I'm sure everyone applauds your efforts to bring a "finer" product, to market.....rather than shuffling these giant "pizza boxes" around with carpeting,.....is drop shippment a better avenue to persue?....I know the logistics of warehousing, inventory control, quality control, shipping logistics, taxes, etc, etc, etc, are now thrust apon the manufacturer,......is this a fesiblity?

another though regarding the actual delivery to the customer,.....I estimate just to ship the carpeting in 1 or 2 large carboard boxes (flat) would run anywhere from $100-$200 dollars freight in the 48,.....I think that plus the price for the carpet, will possibly sway the decision of the potential customer from a purchase......I personally could care less if my carpet is rolled up in a box?.....I just want a carpet that the healpad is where it's suppose to be, it's shape is correct,and I have some excess mat'l on the edges so that I can fit it to my liking!......although you are going to great pains for a shipped "flat" carpet,......would an alternative shipping/ packageing option be "optional"

Dave?.....any "feedback" on my last question/ post?

Thanks
Mike

4650251-0000a.jpg (65 downloads)