You know whats ironic, madscientist keeps talking about the screwed up geometry of the stroker motors. I don't know much about the actual effects only what I've been told (i.e. not firsthand experience), but I always liked how the MoPar engineers stayed close to optimum on the bore/stroke and the rod/stroke ratios, I believe they all hover pretty close to 1.8:1 on the rod/stroke other than the 360.

Anyway, I know you're talking about the super high HP apps where the aftermarket has fixed things that Chevy did wrong to make big horsepower. But, as everyone is ALWAYS discredited Ma Mopar for what she did do, it seems that lots of people preach nowadays that B/S and R/S ratios don't matter. Whats their proof? Chevrolet and Ford production engines with 1.5:1 R/S ratios. Who taught us to build geometrically retarded engines? Them GM and Ferd boys! Who tried to tell everyone undersquare motors are torquey? Those olds and pontiac guys with their 4.25 and 4.15 inch strokes. Ya, those engines are "Torque engines" because they can't even live much past 5000 rpm, at least not in near stock form.

And don't forget, the engine with the GM rep as a torque monster hemi killer () the 455 Buick, has the shortest stroke of the BOP 455s and Chevy 454 at 3.9 inches.

I know what you mean when you're saying the factory stuff is junk, but for 40 year old factory junk, its pretty good. I think thats why there are some guys who don't want an aftermarket block. For years Mopar racers had an advantage because our stock stuff is better than what everyone else had stock, and better than some of their aftermarket stuff, but its not the case anymore. Lots of us are stuck in the past. Myself included, and I wasn't even there.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street