Quote:

Quote:

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^What MoPar guys accept for aftermarket parts is absurd. Go look at car counts. MoPars are not less that Dorfs, but aftermarket stuff has exploded. It's because the MOPAR PEOPLE accept this garbage. There are 20 plus BBC head casting available in conventional form. Mopar, not so much. We have B1, B1MC, B1TS and predator. Then, you have to stick it on a 4.500 bore block with a 4.84 bore spacing. It's stupid really.

I feel your pain Tomcat. The Chrysler guys expect a block designed to take about 750 HP in 1963 (the vaunted HEMI) and want to increase HP by 70%, increase engine speed by 40% and wonder why they don't make power on a brand X level. No ring seal, geometrically retarded (don't get me on a rant about B/S ratios etc) and copies of a 1963 design.
Piss poor is piss poor.

And don't even get me started on small block Mopar stuff. It's beyond reprehensible.

I feel your pain Tom. I really do. Maybe someday we will wake up and demand more. But I doubt it.

Rant off

A few things....I don't think people thought of 750 hp in 1963 (outside of blown nitro)......and please explain how Mopar people "Accept" this.....

so if they don't buy the parts they are damned as being not supportive....and if they DO buy the parts available they are "accepting" or promoting mediocrity ????

And why on earth would 20 different heads be needed ???

My point EXACTLY. If you don't understand why 20 or more conventional heads available to you is a bad thing, nothing I say will make a difference.

99% of the BBM's use a 4.5 bore. On the Predator head, that already is a piss poor compromise. So, because the "bigger is better" crowd has won the day, we jam a 4.75 stroke into an already cylinder head limited package. BTW, Harold Bettes understands bigger is not always better. See his book "Engine Airflow" page 8. He also mentions how misguided folks are who fret over torque. It costs way too many MoPar guys HP and slows their stuff down.
As for the Hemi, most of the design was done in 1963. A good cross rammed Hemi, correctly tuned, would easily push 600 HP in stock trim. Do you think that the Chrysler engineers didn't add a margin of safety to the design? Sadly, that ship has sailed. Bores too small. Bore spacing too close. Where are the updates??

As long as MoPar guys are not given options to build (correctly) bigger, better engines, most will either switch to chevy's or quit racing. Who can blame them? When I have to explain to a guy over and over and over and over how much HP he is losing trying to turn 7500 RPM,s and make 900+ HP on his stock block, and why the bearings look like crap, and why his ring seal is horrible, yet like a dog returning to his own vomit, he brings in ANOTHER passenger car block. And a main girdle.

Kinda like lather, rinse, repeat.
Junk is junk ant any price.