Quote:

Quote:

While there is some great info here ....the personal stuff has to end......now...next guy gets the cooler

Cooler? Like a wine cooler?We have enough whinning so lets get some cheese and crackers to go with all the wine-ing. But seriously this type of dialoge here and throughout the race community is what is killing our sport.Choise of words and how the are presented should be respectful if you want people to share their ideas,knowledge and be helpful.There is alot of things that can be accomplished if we all approach it in a professional and respectful manner.
We at BGR have been trying to work with manufactures to help build better product products.Companys Like Indy,HHP,Ritter.440 Source,Edelbrock,Koffels and others are doing a lot to develope more Mopar performance hard parts.The process is long,hard and expensive.But all the negative feedback and bashing these companys get may tend to make them not want to make a commitment of their resources especially the great monatary investment.They have a hard enough time getting raw materials like casting and forgings from the limited foundarys that provide them.Tooling is also a large concern as current machining is getting worn and new tooling is in the outer atmosphere as far as cost.
Bitching and bickering will benifit no one,commitment,ideas and knowledge needs to be constructively and professionally presented to the companys along with a marketing stragity that will get them interested.If everyone here would present their ideas,either collectively or representivly at venues like the PRI shows manufactures may take us serious and listen.
We must support our sport or we will left with memories of better days.

I have been beating this drum for more than the last two decades. And that is one of the issues I have. If this process was started 25 years ago, where would we be now? But, as stated many times above, the AVERAGE MoPar (who makes up 99% of us) is damn happy with a 451 and -1 heads. That crap is 1960' tech with raised ports. PERIOD. I know if I call and want to buy blank Predator castings I will never get them. They want to sell finished parts. But, if I call Brodix or AFR or, or, or whoever I can get blank castings for a chevy. Then , I can put the valves where I want them, the ports where I want them and everything else.
When you are trying to make a show, or run heads up, you can't run 40+ year old crap and compete. Won't happen. Takes forever to get parts. Some parts you have to have made and most people won't do it. I don't blame them.
If you accept junk, cobble it along and think you are fast, you are a bracket racer. I have mellowed in my age, but I ain't dead yet. All the above suppliers (from my experience) don't do enough to educate racers. Main girdles, aftermarket main caps, block filler and the like will NOT make a passenger car block into a race block.
I'm rambling here but one more thing. The men who developed the G2 hemi were HAND SCRAPING the cores to get metal where it needed to be. The y never designed a main girdle to make it right. Straight poop there. Speaking truth to bracket racers.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston