Quote:

Quote:

Monte,
When I go to the big shootouts, and I see someone with a mopar bodied car, and an 800+ cubic inch nitrous combination, I have no problem rooting for them. This didn't happen overnight, I had my head stuck in the sand for years. I'm not close minded, just a little stubborn!

Tom,
I understand that desire to use the same car for multiple purposes. I just think T/D is advancing at a pace that makes that difficult, or darn near impossible.

Mad Scientist
You make it sound like Mopar guys are the only ones in love with big dumb torque motors. Every time a great flowing chevy head comes out, that makes great power at 10 grand, somebody figures out how to throw 200 more inches under it and shift at 7500. Is it faster? No. It's more tractable, repeatable, and easier on parts. Not everyone desires to be the tip of the spear.

Eric.
Do you have a problem with the Indy Maxx blocks, other than price point?

When I hear some of you talk about how good the chevy guys have it, I'm reminded of An American Tail with all the mice singing "There are no cats in America". I have many friends who run that stuff, and end up frustrated as well.

No probs Billy...will probably be my next short block. I guess my issue is the price point..and I'm not saying it's not worth the $...just frustrating to see the options other makes have even at the level I race at.

My thoughts in the other thread were what would someone pay for a decent block and how the heck can we get someone to build one at a "Bowtie" or closer price.

Unfortunately Eric the answer to that question is a simple one, but will never happen...........that answer, sell as many of the Mopar blocks as you do the GM blocks. It is pretty simple and lets use some round numbers for simplicity. If you are going to invest a million dollars in developing and marketing a block.........your end price point target is going to be WAY different if your potential sales are going to be in the thousands instead of the hundreds.

Many seem to think a company should do this just to "help us out".......really, why? These companies are in business to make money right? You think Russ at INDY started this company and specializes in Mopar just because he LOVES them..........hell no. It is because he saw a market that needed something and took advantage. That said, he KNOWS the Mopar market and he KNOWS Mopar guys. If he really thought he could make enough money to warrant producing these more exotic parts he would. Russ and myself have talked about this very issue many times and he would LOVE to develop a big inch capable platform.........but he KNOWS that the ROI is very poor and he would likely NEVER recoup that investment given the very limited customer base for such an engine.

Another is Brodix, who seemingly comes out with a new Chevy or Ford head on a weekly basis. They also cast the B-1 heads for those who don't know and have their own foundry and could likely develop something new CHEAPER than anybody else. Why do you think they haven't done anything with the B-1 platform in eons or made their own Mopar block..........no demand. Dave Rotter, the guy who worked hand in hand with the Koffels on the B-1 program is still at Brodix.

Monte