Quote:

Quote:

I would like to know what brought up this in the first
place and if it was based on 1 person in particular..
as in me

Perhaps 6 pak runner had a point. I forgot yo take my meds. Maybe it has to do with me not being able to find a Mopar block and people not wanting to produce them because there is no demand in the Mopar supply world for spending anymore than $3000 for an alright aluminum POS. Maybe it's because it costs so much more than it used to and people are harder and harder to find that even want to work on this stuff. Look at who tries to come on here trying to help and gets a beat down when they do. The number of people that used to be here and have practical knowledge in building these deals that don't visit or comment here anymore is astounding. I used to work with some of these guys and was at one time, even the one that said " how much power will it take"? As an engine builder, there is no right answer. Sometimes we should all take into consideration who we are commenting to with our garage mentality, me included. When the pros that do this every day take the time to help out or ask our opinion about the manufacture of a part, maybe it wouldn't hurt to take a little time to think about a reasonable response? That's what this was about.....prolly.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^What MoPar guys accept for aftermarket parts is absurd. Go look at car counts. MoPars are not less that Dorfs, but aftermarket stuff has exploded. It's because the MOPAR PEOPLE accept this garbage. There are 20 plus BBC head casting available in conventional form. Mopar, not so much. We have B1, B1MC, B1TS and predator. Then, you have to stick it on a 4.500 bore block with a 4.84 bore spacing. It's stupid really.

I feel your pain Tomcat. The Chrysler guys expect a block designed to take about 750 HP in 1963 (the vaunted HEMI) and want to increase HP by 70%, increase engine speed by 40% and wonder why they don't make power on a brand X level. No ring seal, geometrically retarded (don't get me on a rant about B/S ratios etc) and copies of a 1963 design.
Piss poor is piss poor.

And don't even get me started on small block Mopar stuff. It's beyond reprehensible.

I feel your pain Tom. I really do. Maybe someday we will wake up and demand more. But I doubt it.

Rant off