My take on this is you get in where you fit in...I bought the engine in my car used originally from a guy running T/D and he was running 6.90 with 100 shot...He decided to go with a blown Hemi and his loss was my gain !!!
I have chosen to run small tire heads-up classes that require conventional heads and have no problem being competitive with 20yr old B1 originals despite being told by all the gurus that it want work !!
In X275 trim I've only been 4.80'S @ 3225# with a 44 jet with lots of tuning left and see no problem running 4.70'S...Anyone that follows X275 knows it takes 4.50-4.60's at about 4-6 big races a year and the rest of the time 4.70's make you a player !!
Most All the really fast NOS guys use a 60+ jet and will burn their stuff down if necessary to run the number !!
I'm probably down 100-125 hp N/A compared the really fast guys and when I get get everything out of this combo I have a set of PSO heads on the shelf which should put me right where i need to be !!

If I wanted to run outlaw classes I would just do a AJE Hemi and be done with it !!