Quote:

Quote:

While there is some great info here ....the personal stuff has to end......now...next guy gets the cooler

I agree, this wasn't my intention. How about going a different direction and getting into the technical aspect of combos 950HP and up? I would like to hear what guys like Monte, Best, Koffel, Bob G., Marsh and others are working on, and keep the BS to a minimum. I'm looking for generalities, as I know a lot of you have competition that would like to know specifics. I don't even care if it's Mopar or not......if that's allowed? It's more about where to finding information and parts.

Well, like I told my new best friend, my current project for MY CAR is a custom block drilled for the 4.840 Wayne County pattern, B-1 TS heads I have. I had ordered the ultra low deck block blank in the lifter area and then sent it to LSM, to let them put the lifter bores in it and grind a custom cam. This allowed them to straighten the pushrod angles and get the geometry right. Hopefully I can supply those numbers to a block maker this time and not have to do that again. The Chevy style block is a no brainer, as the rotating assy is easy to get, as well as nice pans etc. With these TS heads as old as they are, I KNOW I will be down power from the jump on the latest GM stuff, but it should still be pretty stout. In a "nitrous config" the latest 632 Chevy stuff will make 1200 pretty easy, so if this TS gets within 100 of that it will be a good day.

Now, BEFORE my newest buddy or somebody else jumps in telling about so and so motor that made better than 1200hp in N/A trim, let me reiterate that I said in NITROUS TRIM. This is NOT an all out, balls to wall N/A build. Compromises have to be made to make a motor live on large amounts of nitrous and this always hurts N/A power a bit. So a purpose built, NITROUS 632 Chevy that makes 1200hp on a properly calibrated dyno is a GOOD one and if the TS motor gets within 100 or so of that, I will be happy.

Monte