dave....that came from delberts place. ed and i went there a long time ago. i still have some new in box 24c autolite batteries for a cobra from there plus some dead chrysler batteries and some pretty cool memorabilia. we would spend all day in that place. i'd be telling stories to delbert keeping him occupied while ed was in the back rooting through the goodies. as ed would be banging around i would speak louder to try to cover up the noise. man, what i would give to relive those days again.... what most people dont know is that chrysler never serviced the assembly line batteries like gm and ford. for example, if back in 1970 you took home new your dart, boss 302 and a vette and the next morning you discover all your batteries have been stolen what would you have done? a trip to the ford dealer would have gotten you the same exact autolite, gm the same exact delco BUT the chrysler dealer would have sold you a CRYSLER PARTS battery. it looks nothing like the one that was in your car day one. to date i have never seen a brand new nos assembly line chrysler battery. that is the one part that has never turned up in my world.
in the ford world max over at AMK back in the day used to open the bottom of a dead used autolite, scoop out the insides (lots of work!) and sleeve in a smaller battery. to me that was a sin because i liked the batteries as display items. but it was cool to see an orig battery fire up his car like it was 1970 all over again.
happy mothers day to the mrs. steven