Quote:

Will your resto of these parts be done with methods that preserve the finishes better than factory but still look correct or will this car only look new as long as it originally did, given of course that it will obviously live a very protected, climate controlled life?

Hello Lindy,
I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to express your sentiments regarding the work we do. I realize that these projects represent only a limited sector of the hobby but if anyone has benefited from the efforts, I feel the outcome has been a success.
This focus of this vehicle will be no different than the Challenger, other than no reproduction parts will be used in the process. This car will hopefully represent a vehicle that looks just like it rolled off the assembly line and straight into a Plymouth dealership. (The appearance of the parts should look the same as the day they left the factory.) We will not enhance any details or aspects of the components that are used in the car‘s restoration. After the OE judging, the car will get protective oil on all the bare metal parts to keep them from rusting over time. I have had many car guys come out to take pictures of the finished vehicles and it makes it a little easier to see the results when things remain in pristine condition. Again, thank you very much for taking the time to come here and offer your input on this subject. Have a Merry Christmas and a Safe/Happy New Year!!