Quote:

The more I see the A Body cars, the better I like them. Yours is certainly a beautiful example of that year car. It sounds like your model also had some unique options. Did you order the car new or find out how it ended up with some of those various options?

Dave,will try to keep this short.The Dart was sitting in the back of a friends junk yard in Oct of 1979.Odometer had 10,004 miles and a 1973 PA inspection sticker,and still had plastic on the seats.He had bought it for his daughter in 1975 and she didn't want it.I bought it and my wife put 100K miles on it until I redid it in 95.At that time I bought a wrecked 68 GTs.Used the motor and transmission.Everything under the hood except the 68 long block was correct 1971 including the one year Thermoquad and air cleaner.Added the correct hood with scoops and cutouts with seals,had it stripped and repainted and added tail stripe.Everty piece of trim including bumpers was replaced with N.O.S. parts even though it didn't need them.Interior is original.Car was flawless.Sat in the garage and had a total of 200 miles in 5yrs.Sold it three years ago to a friend.He kept it 6mo and sold it at Carlisle in 2005.It went to NJ.The new owner had it at Carlisle this past summer with a $18,500 price tag.Don't know if he ever sold it.Here are before and after pictures.Not the best but you can get an idea of the condition.

4831163-Dart1.JPG (104 downloads)