Quote:

In The Pink....You shouldn't question the way Dave words things...He's very sure of what he means....

Well maybe his definition of ALL is not correct, hence the questioning. If he states ALL parts will be original, then replaces a part with a non-original part, ALL no longer applies. I don't have an issue with replacing a part (he mentioned brake lines, for example), but then you can not say ALL parts are original.

To say you don't consider a certain type(s) of part to be the same as other parts is a cop-out, excuse, etc. He set the standard (that ALL parts would be orignal to the car), and now he's not following the standard (doesn't consider some parts to be considered parts), so then he should change his claim of using ALL original parts. That's why I question.

I don't have any issue with Dave's work or his products. I know they are top notch, but if you publicly make claims, I feel you should hold yourself to them, and not make exceptions, period. Would it be a PITA to lave all of the gaskets in place? Of course it would, but this is no ordinary resto, so why not go that extra step and keep it all original?