Quote:

Quote:

I'd love to hear an answer regarding my question about the air in the tires, which, based on the P.O.'s word, is original air....

I like researching those who approach me with “my words” or tell me what “I meant” when I state something. Nowhere have I contradicted or back peddled with regards to the words “parts” or “components.” You have mentioned the brake hoses a couple of times as a reference to things I have said that I will replace. Maybe you have trouble reading or understanding but nowhere did I say that the brake hoses had to be replaced. I simply used those components as an EXAMPLE of an item that MIGHT need to be further evaluated as the disassembly process moved forward. I really am not to concerned with what you feel to be “correct” or not concerning this project.

I'm not interested in correctness. I had/have questions I would've liked answered so I could understand how and/or why you stated what you stated regarding gaskets, the original air in the tires, and your definition of the word all.

Quote:

Coming from a person who shops the local Hardware stores for THEIR parts, I find your critique comical at best. Like I said in the beginning of my statement, I like to find the intent of strangers who come out of left field to play the semantics game. Here are a couple of posts from other threads that you have chimed in on:

YOUR QUOTE: “FWIW, I had a hard time finding them online, so I went to a great local Ace Hardware store (above and beyond what a normal Ace would stock) and found some heavy duty u-bolts for $3.00 or so each.”

YOUR QUOTE: “Make sure you measure the O.D. of the grey electrical conduit first. I had an old piece (at least five years ago) that was the perfect diameter, but it got tossed at some point. When I headed to Home Depot to buy another piece, the 3/4" plastic conduit's O.D. was too small. I ended up buying a piece of metal 3/4" conduit and it was the right O.D.”

You might want to get your own affairs in order before you become the “Mopar Police” telling people what they really meant concerning statements about their vehicles. Again, I stand on my original opening statement about “ALL” original components with no waver what so ever.

Ace Hardware? Home Depot? Thank you for your expertise and guidance on this project!

You make very bold statements, stressing how original this car is going to be, then have a problem when someone asks you to clarify you statement or explain something regarding said car's originality? Sorry, but not everyone's going to your and just based on statements like "It even has the original air in all 5 tires".

Yes, I bought four heavy-duty u-bolts from Ace Hardware and used of a piece of electrical conduit I bought from Home Depot, as a tool, to help install the countershaft in an A-833. I don't see any reason that I should need to defend myself for doing so.

If you don't want to explain or answer some people's questions regarding statments you make, that's fine- it's completely your right to do so. Please understand that if you do make bold, absolute statements, that is an invitation to suspicion, and usually, in a public forum such as this, questions.

It's great that you are setting a very high standard for your project, but don't put yourself up to high in the process.

Best of luck on your project. I'll be following along.

Quote:

ah....the mention of "original air" was nothing more than a statement to stress how untouched and original the car is. Odd that you really needed to have that explained.