Quote:

The car was made in April of 1970. I would have thought that there would be another decal stuck under that one for the remainder of the 1970 year. I think that the DOT agency probably issued the 71 decal and plate to eliminate the redundancy of registering the vehicle, two times in a 14 or 15 month period. I am not familiar with Connecticut’s laws for that particular time so all of this is purely speculation. Someone else might have some insight regarding their guidelines for licensing in those years.

Could the previous plates (from a trade in?) been transfered and when they expired new plates were issued? In most States the license plate is a registration not a vehicle safety inspection (to a point). We have E-Check counties now (not back then) that is required before you can register and get the license plate sticker but non E-Check county residents "just pays the money and gets the sticker" no one looks at or inspects their car No yearly or bi-yearly State safety inspection here in Oh! Maybe the same back then it CT????

MikeR