Quote:

Quote:

Ive read this a and am a bit unclear....if no new parts, no nos parts....isnt that just cleaning up a rare find.

If the org car is just like new to start with, other then cleaning what would it need.

I know of a 320 mile 77 F-body...and it might still have the org battery in it...plastic on the seats, ect..so why rip it apart when its all org???

Clearly its a very different concept, and I think the varied comments might simply reflect the lack of understanding the why and such.

Obviously after the awsome challenger project, it might take some out of the box thinking to top it??

O.E. Gold, with this approach you could never be called out for having the incorrect replacement, reproduction or NOS part on the car being judged, pretty clever eh?

So if you know of a time capsule car that is in absolutely perfect condition with every original part untouched on the car and you clean the windows and put some wax on it you apparently have “restored” it, can enter it in the judging and should have a top point car. No questions about grease zerks, trunk mats, carpet foot pads, etc., because they are all original to the car. I have to give Dave credit for coming up with this approach, very, very clever.

This is only part of the OE Gold scoring. OE cars are judged on condition as well. The lion's share of his effort (and I believe the whole point in doing this) will be in bringing the entire original car back to "new." I doubt he would be doing this if he didn't think it was enough of a challenge. Otherwise, there would be no point.