Quote:

Concerning the VIN decals, I really think that what we provide is every bit as good or "original" as the ones that were manufactured many years ago. Before everyone jumps all over that comment let me explain the reasoning behind it. In 1970, Chrysler used an independent, subsidized manufacturer to produce their VIN safety standard decals. The company they commissioned was given a license and the approval to provide these labels/decals to the car industry. In 2002, ECS (an independent, subsidized manufacturer) was given licensing rights to manufacture VIN safety standard decals for the Chrysler market. We have the original blueprints and specifications that were given to the same company who originally provided the service/product in 1970. Unless someone has a need or love affair with 40 year old generic materials, compared to the exact same materials we use today, what is the real difference? Ninety five percent of the NOS replacement parts we buy today were manufactured AFTER the cars were produced on the assembly line. Aren't those parts simply reproduction parts that were manufactured at a later date by an independent, subsidized (licensed) manufacturer? NOS parts were not made by Chrysler. They were made under contract just like the parts that people like BE&A and I, are authorized to manufacture. If someone wants to argue that the "old" reproduction NOS replacement parts have a more "correct" status, I need to ask based on what? If it was made after the fact and not a factory installed piece, are we to assume that one degree of incorrectness takes precedence over an "acceptable" or alternative degree of incorrectness? A piece that was made 35 years ago by a subsidized independent manufacturer (for Chrysler) is still just an older version of a reproduction replacement part!!

Excellent food for thought Dave.

Until total honesty is on the table, we're not even talking about reality...