Quote:

Thanks goodness for guys like you.

Can you imagine if that was displayed as "authentic" and someone came up with a reproduction sticker identical numbers and all.

You just saved somebody from a big embarrasment.

We never would have brought this decal to be part of the OE judging at the Nationals. Other than (me) being wrong by thinking it originally came with the car, there was no importance or emphasis regarding it's merit whatsoever. I would imagine that this reproduction is like many others that would require various improvements in order to be representative of the original. I have yet to find another decal manufacturer who makes their products look exactly like the factory versions. I only say that because we have spent thousands of hours (literally) scanning and creating first generation reproductions from original formatted examples. It takes ten times the effort to do it exact, which is why most reproductions ARE easily detected from the real ones. I had never seen this particular decal so there was nothing to compare it to!

(By the way 62maxwgn.....the car was owned by the original owner, sold to a couple of different collectors and then purchased by me. Thanks again!)