Quote:

this stuff is made up as the project goes along.

No sixbbl69.….you got it all wrong! I leave the tough questions up to guys like you and sixpackwagon. Speaking of tough questions sixbbl69, what about that question I asked you regarding seeing and inspecting my Challenger in person? You Talked as if you had seen it first hand, expressing your expert opinions but never acknowledging whether you had actually seen it or not. Please assure us that you are not one of those people who make definite remarks with no factual support whatsoever. With that said, what was your assessment of the grease on this trunk latch when you inspected it? Did you also think that if felt a bit “rubbery” from being exposed for so many years?
And for our resident expert sixpackwagon, don’t you know how the factory assembled many of these trunk latches? Please give us your synopsis on how this particular latch was installed and the detailed assembly sequence on how/why the “chipped paint” occurred on the attaching bolts. I am sure all of us following this topic would like to hear your wisdom and interpretation of the procedure!