Quote:

Naawwwww, just meant the OE judges couldn't take points from it for say; having the incorrect hood hinge color for instance. Shooting fish in a barrel, pretty smart way of getting that 100 point car if it's all original eh?

Makes sense to me.

You put back paint marks that you have picture proof were there orginally. A basket case isn't a great car to make OE. Forget the challenge part of it, the worse shape the car is the more stuff you have to interpolate. Interpolate and exact are not the same thing.

Problem is finding a boarderline survivor/non-survivor car to do it too.

A good example of a car to do it to was a car like Troy's T/A. 40K mile car, orginal paint, original suspension, original interior, California car, no rust, one owner, tons of paperwork. But had the motor rebuilt and engine compartment spray canned black. There aren't that many paint daubs/markings and such on a motor, so that's not a super big OE deal. But once a motor has been rebuilt and repainted, it's killed as a survivor. If that T/A just had black interior I bet most of it would have been perfect to just re-use.

Or find a survivor type car with just one repaint.

There was a burnt orange 70 Hemi Cuda column shift car that sold last year out here on ebay. Like 70K to 90K miles. Original suspension. One repaint, black interior, uncracked dash?... But I think it had a non numbers motor, so that would eliminate it.

The cars are out there.