Quote:

how could anyone challenge correctness?

Awww....does this take all the fun out of nitpicking reproduction carpet and package trays for some of you guys? Is that the real problem here? A new car! Just like it was delivered when new.
No challenge!? No research!? You obviously don't know me too well. When all is said in done, there will be more documentation and new A Body products available than ever before. One last note....you guys mention the cars that you own and what you are going to do or not going to do with them. Has it ever occurred to you that I have NEVER criticized the work you do or what you decide to do with what you own? I didn't realize that a situation that has no affect on some of you seems to be such a bother. Why don't some of you guys "unofficially" adopt me so when you tell me what I can or cannot do with MY vehicles it will seem a little more parental and acceptable!?! Quit being so self centered and appreciate the good things that might come from this and what could be beneficial to others. If you have a survivor and decide to leave it as is, that is your business. I certainly am not so high and mighty that I find it necessary to tell everyone what they should or should not do to what they own. The hobby benefits and it doesn't cost any of you a second of your time or a penny out of your pocket. Give it a break!