I have thought about these '72 V codes alot over the past 20 years or so , and have felt that a fair value would be approx tripple that of a '71 B body V code , whatever the market value was at that time.
This car in question, would , for a lack of a better term, "stand the Mopar community on it's ear ". FEW cars will ever come out of the woodwork with this much weight . By this time, Most of your rarites and oddballs have come out and been made public. The four door hemis ,
the 68 Coronet Hemi (non-R/T) The '70 Charger 500 Hemi , etc.
The list of those yet to bask in the sunlight are on a very short list . The two '71 Hemi Challenger convertibles (non-R/Ts) the '72 Hemi 'Cuda we keep hearing about, and of course the V code '70 Sport Fury GTs are all yet to be accepted by the general car enthusiest ,
and are all virtually unknown to most of the world.
The '72 Six Pack Rallye Chargers and the '72 Six Barrel Road Runner GTX fall into this catgory as well .
Never been a restored example (or even a non-restored driver) in a magazine, or car show . The former Ron Slobe Charger got a write up many years ago in the mags , but it was a non-running car .
Back to the subject car . What would it be worth as it sits ? I think most of us here with enough knowledge would agree 40k minimum .
What would it be worth done ? I agree with the 125-150k estimate .
What someone is willing to pay ? Who knows . The general population doesn't know an export tag from a box of tampons , so lord only knows
what would happen if the cars price had to be established in an auction format .
Just my opinions.

Greg

gregward@mchsi.com phone 256-852-0955