Quote:

I must say, I do get a kick out of this 'WIW'...

Can someone intelligently explain to me, how you come up with a value for a one of one (at this point) car, that, while worth more than Larry paid for it 17 years ago, has no particular value today? $20K, $40K, 150K...really? An object is only worth, what someone is willing to pay for it. Period.

The only true test to see what this car is 'worth', is a NO RESERVE auction, and let the fur fly. Larry may, or may not want to do this, but that will show, in any market, what THAT market is willing to pay. Again period.

I do have the ad looking for a V-code car. I want to thank those of you who have sent me emails letting me know about Larry's ad. I have recently talked to him, and I also talked to him several years ago about the car. Larry has no more of an idea as to what the car is worth, anymore that any of you, Galen Govier or the King of Spain does for that matter. This one is really subjective. As someone who has been into Mopars for a very long time, it saddens me that this 'hobby' has become a business, because those of us who truly like these cars get sickened by all the arm-chair stock brokers looking to cash in on stuff like this, but...there's not much I can do about that. Let's see what happens here...

Or he could try a dutch auction and pull the plug before the end

Seriously he asked a question on value? Why does he have to list it to sell WITHOUT a reserve, especially at this time of the year. That would be pretty risky. Now if he had to sell that would be different thing altogether.

Since you were looking who better to ask..."what would you pay"?

Dave